Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Just a Quickie

After writing back to back posts about my MIL, I think it's only fair that I follow up with a post about my own mother. Lord knows she can be just as absurd, and the Lord would know because they are great friends. I don't have much time so this is just a quickie. Enjoy.

For a few years now, my mother has been dealing with various female health related issues, mostly bladder related. She went to several different doctors who all told her she had this condition or that disease. Each doctor she visited had a different theory. They put her on diets and new medications, they performed surgery after surgery and nothing seemed to be working. She was in a lot of pain for quite a long time.

A few months ago, I was leaving Starbucks, delicious hot coffee in hand. My phone rings and it was my mother, so I answered. We talk for a few minutes about her latest trip to a new doctor, while I sip my coffee in the car. She said this time they have really figured out what is wrong with me! I've heard that from her as many times as she has heard that from her numerous doctors. The new doctor thinks her problems stem from her bladder dropping while pregnant with me. Of course, everything is my fault. Without warning (remember I'm sipping a hot beverage), Mother begins to tell me that the new doctor has referred her to a physical therapist who has a magic touch. My mom said that the physical therapist can heal her by massaging her bladder and pelvis internally. Internally!

Just a quickie! And next time on to catch a Predator...... Doctors who touch their patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment