Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Strange Fingers

I love my personal space. To quote my favorite movie "Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine." I'm not, however, a big germaphobe. Yes, I wash my hands and stay clean and that sort of thing but, if I drop a cookie on the kitchen floor, there's a 92% chance I am going to pick that delicious treat back up and dust it off before sticking it in my mouth to be devoured. I don't waste delicious treats. Although, with 5 dogs living in my house right now, I do sometimes wonder just how much dog hair I consume in one day. It's probably best not to think about these things.

It is best to think about strangers putting their grubby fingers in my precious baby's mouth though. My daughter is teething. She drools a lot and chews on anything she can get her little mouth on. Which is why I wash my hands so much. Strangers don't always wash their hands and a certain stranger who came to purchase my husbands truck put her old lady fingers in my daughter's mouth while I stood there with a horrified look on my face. I ask you.... what do you do when a strange old lady puts her boney fingers in your baby's mouth????????

No comments:

Post a Comment